At a recent Greater London Forum meeting held at City Hall.
Senior Fraud Officers from Scotland Yard
gave advice on how to avoid Postal & Telephone Fraud.
Postal and Telephone Scams can be very sophisticated and are targeted at the elderly, don't be caught out contact the Police if you suspect Fraud you could be helping someone more vulnerable than yourself.
1) If you suspect a caller isn't genuine hold the line open and call the Police from your mobile.
2) House bound? Don't give your Bank PIN to anyone as Banks operate a home visit scheme.
3) Have more than one Card in your wallet? Avoid card clash and crime by keeping your cards in a electronically secure wallet as found at Barclays Bank.
4) Suspect Postal Fraud? Take it to the Police.
5) Booklets describing all forms of fraud should be available at our next meeting.